[ros-users] call for testing: camera1394 in C-turtle

Andrew Harris andrew.unit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 06:28:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Eric Perko <wisesage5001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a wiki page that talks about some of the alignment issues that have
> come up with ROS on ARM.
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/eros/alignment (take a look at the linked ticket as
> well). Also take a look at this
> thread: http://code.ros.org/lurker/thread/20101122.232925.f0d885ce.en.html and
> perhaps try the -msoft-float option and see if that changes anything.

Hi Eric,

   Thanks for the suggestion.  I applied Josh's patch, and that seems
to have fixed the problem within dynamic_reconfigure.  I think
camera1394 might be working now -- I'm getting some intermittent
results because I think my camera may be occasionally exceeding the
power limits of the USB host bus on the beagleboard.  I am going to
try connecting the camera to a powered hub and see if I can get more
reliable results.  Thanks to you both again for your help.

regards,
-andrew