[ros-users] motion_planning_environment set up.

Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian adolfo.rodriguez at pal-robotics.com
Tue Nov 23 08:34:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Konrad Banachowicz <konradb3 at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/11/22 Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian <
> adolfo.rodriguez at pal-robotics.com>
>

>> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Konrad Banachowicz <konradb3 at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I am trying to set up motion_planning_environment for my manipulator.
>>> I have created my configs basing on these from PR2, everything starts but
>>> don't detect collision with environment.
>>> I am running environment_server without collision_map but i create static
>>> environment like in this tutorial :
>>> http://www.ros.org/wiki/motion_planning_environment/Tutorials/Adding%20known%20objects%20to%20the%20collision%20environment.
>>> I am testing its using code from this tutorial :
>>> http://www.ros.org/wiki/motion_planning_environment/Tutorials/Tutorial%20A
>>>
>>> My configs in appendix, all other configs for my manipulator can be found
>>> in my github repo : https://github.com/RCPRG-ros-pkg/irp6_robot .
>>>

>> Hi Konrad,
>>
>> In the attached files, it seems that you are not specifying the
>> self-collision checks to be performed (the default is none). In $(find
>> irp6_test)/config/collision_checks_both_arms.yaml you have commented-out the
>> line that includes the relevant file (which AFAICT does not exist yet).
>> Without a collision map or self-collision geometries, there is nothing to
>> collide with!.
>>
> Self collision is useless for me because my manipulator is not able to self
> collide.
> But i am adding "known objects" like in this tutorial :
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/motion_planning_environment/Tutorials/Adding%20known%20objects%20to%20the%20collision%20environment.
> Whether it is taken into account by environment_server ?

Oh yes, I misunderstood your post. Can't help you much there, for I haven't
used static collision objects yet. All I can think of now is to check
whether the "collision_object" topic is being published correctly, and that
it is correctly connected to your planning environment node.

Adolfo.

--
Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian, Ph. D.

Robotics engineer
PAL ROBOTICS S.L
http://www.pal-robotics.com
Tel. +34.93.414.53.47
Fax.+34.93.209.11.09

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the accompanying document(s) may
contain confidential information which is privileged and intended only for
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the
distribution or use of this e-mail and/or accompanying document(s) is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender at the above e-mail address.