[ros-users] Where is located the smach_tutorials?

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Mon Nov 29 16:29:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:45 AM, Felix Ingrand <felix at laas.fr> wrote:
> I am running Fedora, and smach is installed (from rosinstall ~/ros http://ros.org/rosinstalls/cturtle_pr2all.rosinstall) :
>
> [felix at zag-fc12 executive_smach]$ pwd
> /home/felix/ros/stacks/executive_smach
> [felix at zag-fc12 executive_smach]$ ls
> CMakeLists.txt  Makefile  rosdep.yaml  smach  smach_msgs  smach_ros  smach_viewer  stack.xml
>
> But I cannot find the smach_tutorials. Is there a svn or git repository for this particular package?

hi Felix,

Try this, which checks out the cturtle version of the
executive_smach_tutorials stack, which contains the smach_tutorials
package:
  svn co https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/executive_smach_tutorials/tags/cturtle
executive_smach_tutorials
(you could add this into your rosinstall file).

It took some work to find that.  Problems that I encountered:

 * The package wiki page (http://www.ros.org/wiki/smach_tutorials)
contains a broken repository link.
 * Neither roslocate nor ros.org/browse find smach_tutorials when
searching for 'smach' (e.g.,
http://www.ros.org/browse/search.php?q=smach).
 * Both roslocate and ros.org/browse find a confusingly named
asmach_tutorials package, in the linux_networking stack.

In the end, I found the package by searching for 'smach_tutorials' in
Trac, and following apparently relevant commits to see where they
went.  Anybody know why this package was hard to find?

	brian.