[ros-users] Special Thanksgiving Edition 0.5 of PCL! Standalone PCL released!

Geoffrey Biggs geoffrey.biggs at aist.go.jp
Mon Nov 29 23:58:49 UTC 2010

Hi Jose,

On 30/11/10 07:36, Jose Gonzalez wrote:
> I'm a new user trying to compile standalone version 0.5. I had a
> couple of problems so far:
> * The eigen 3 dependency is not listed on the wiki (I'll try to use
> eigen3.0-beta2)

Eigen 3.0-beta2 is what we have been using.

> * I got a compilation error related to the ANN library. The code uses
> different float and integer parameters instead of ANNcoord, ANNDist,
> etc. in different function calls.. I know this dependency is a
> candidate to be removed but I'd like to know which version could I use
> to make pcl 0.5 to work (I'm trying the latest version I found, ANN
> 1.1.2)

For ANN, we use 1.1.2, but we apply a few patches to it first. I've
attached these patches. You need to apply them in this order, or they
won't apply correctly:

1. gcc43_shared.patch
2. fPIC.patch
3. distance.patch

FLANN is making rapid improvements so hopefully we will be able to
remove ANN by the next minor release.

Geoff