[ros-users] rospy and python 3.0

Severin Lemaignan severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
Tue Nov 30 17:42:22 UTC 2010

Hello,

Short update on the "Python 3 support" front.

We've rebased our work on the trunk of ROS, and I'm happy to annonce
that the 'ros stack' test suite now almost pass on both Python 2.6 and 3.1:

$ cd $ROS_ROOT
$ rosmake -t

I say 'almost' because the test_rospack still fails with this error:

[test_rospack.test_utest/test_ran][FAILURE]-------------------------------------
   Unable to find test results for TEST-test_utest.xml, test did not
run. Expected results in .ros/test_results/test_rospack/TEST-test_utest.xml

which does not seem to be related to the port to Python 3 (but I may be
wrong: it may be some side-effect...)

Porting what we did on the rospy package to the SVN trunk is still pending.

Be aware that the new version requires Python >= 2.6 (but I think it was
already assumed from the syntax I saw in the original files).

I had some issues with regexp in junitxml.py:_read_file_safe_xml() so I
commented it out for now.

I've re-organized the GIT repos by stacks, and the changes to the ros
stack are here:
http://code.in.tum.de/indefero/index.php//p/rospy3-stacks-ros/source/tree/master/

Find attached the (huge) patch against SVN trunk.

Comments most welcome!

Severin

          Séverin Lemaignan - lemaigna at in.tum.de
  [00]    PhD student on Cognitive Robotics
/|__|\   Technische Uni München - IAS group / LAAS-CNRS - RIS group
   ''     +498928917780 / +33561337844
          http://www.laas.fr/~slemaign