[ros-users] log4cxx dependency

Morten Kjærgaard Morten.Kjargaard at prevas.dk
Fri Oct 1 08:51:52 UTC 2010

Hi

I have been struggling with cross compiling ROS for an arm platform, and I have large focus on making ROS packages cross compile more easily.

One of the largest challenges have turned out to be the dependency on the apache log4cxx library. It seems to be rather old, requires patching to compile with the newer gcc versions, and the APR and APR-util are really a pain to cross compile. I can see that many others have struggled with the same problems.

Anyone who has considered or experience with using another library instead? For example the proposed boost-log library:
http://boost-log.sourceforge.net/libs/log/doc/html/index.html

Morten Kjaergaard
Embedded Software Developer

Prevas A/S