[ros-users] gazebo: robot model dances

Ricarda Steffens steffens at informatik.uni-bonn.de
Fri Oct 1 15:14:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

thanks for your answer, John.
Unfortunately, the robot is not actuated, yet. I am still having problems
to even spawn the model without explosions or dancing.
Maybe I am just misunderstanding some attributes.

I am breaking down the model into pieces nearly all of the time I spend
with it. It seems that there is a problem with the wheels/base.
Moreover, the arms produce some tremor, too.

I checked all of the masses, moi's and possible collisions by means of the
bounding boxes.
I only use fixed joints in order to avoid problems with joint limits etc.

The source code for the base is attached.
I already tried to use boxes instead of cylinders but it did not help.
Furthermore, I did some trial-and-error value changes.

Thanks,
Ricarda