[ros-users] Segmentation Fault using the SBA Package

Bruno Silva brunomfs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 13:30:49 UTC 2010

Dears ROS users,
i am working on a Visual Odometry project and, because I needed the Sparse
Bundle Adjustment routines, I downloaded all the required stacks (mainly
VSLAM and its dependencies) from the ros.org Ubuntu 9.10 repository. My
project is coded in C++ with OpenCV (i.e. I am not using any ROS component)
and because of this, all I needed was to link against the SBA package
libraries. I have managed to do this, and succesfully add camera nodes, add
3D points and image projections to the SysSBA object, but when i call the
member function 'doSBA', i get a segmentation fault. All my code was based
on the tutorials. Does anyone have any insight about this issue? I've tested
both cturtle and unstable versions available at the repositories.
Thanks in advance.

ps: of course i considered using the Lourakis SBA lib, but the ROS SBA
routines seemed a lot easier to use.