[ros-users] GMapping Question

eunchul Jeon jsharp83 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 17:12:38 UTC 2010

Hi, I'm Eunchul Jeon in South Korea, and newbie.

I want to get the static map using Hokuyo UTM-30LX

Firstly, I got the scan data like this

rosrun hokuyo_node hokuyo_node scan:=base_scan

Next, I used static transfrom publisher like this

<launch><node pkg="tf" type="static_transform_publisher"
name="link1_broadcaster" args="1 0 0 0 0 0 link1_parent link1 100"
/></launch>

and next, produce a map like this

rosrun gmapping slam_gmapping scan:=base_scan

Lastly, save my map like this,

rosrun map_server map_saver

However, I can't create the map.pgm.
I suppose that I need odometry about device.
How can I generate that?

Thank you and have a good day.

Eunchul Jeon

M.S. Student, Intelligent Systems and Neurobotics lab,
Dept. Computer Science, KAIST
Science town, Daejeon, 305-701, South Korea
TEL: 82 42 350 3580
E-mail: jsharp at kaist.ac.kr, jsharp83 at gmail.com
Homepage: http://isnl.kaist.ac.kr