[ros-users] common_msgs API change proposals required to be reviewed by October 22nd

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Fri Oct 8 17:51:04 UTC 2010

If you want changes in common_msgs for diamondback please pay attention.

I know it a long time until diamondback comes out but common_msgs being a
low level dependency is slated to be frozen shortly.  If anyone has a
message which they would like to change or add to common_msgs for
diamondback I will ask that you complete a review by October 22nd and all
reviewed implementations are released by Nov 5th to be included in
diamondback.

There is a Ranger message review in process.  I am going to revive the Twist
discussion from cturtle.  I am aware of discussions relating to a proposed
GPS message, and changes for CameraInfo and LaserScan messages, however
there are no concrete proposals.  And without concrete proposals we cannot
proceed.  Any changes will need an API review.  If you want a change please
put together an API review page with the proposed change and schedule a
review.

A side note it is fully valid to go through the process from outside of
Willow Garage.  If you would like an example of this Eric's proposal and
review in progress is a good example to follow.
Review page:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/sensor_msgs/Reviews/2010-10-04_Ranger_Proposal_API_Review
Announcement email:
http://code.ros.org/lurker/message/20101005.041546.62003b70.en.html