[ros-users] Packages missing - Cturtle-r3964 Jaunty 9.04 AMD64

Juergen Hess hess at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Oct 13 11:17:40 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I installed cturtle in Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 AMD64 from the repositories
with "sudo apt-get ros-cturtle-pr2all" but the following packages are
not installed/available anymore:

ros-cturtle-point-cloud-perception:
ros-cturtle-tabletop-object-perception
ros-cturtle-pr2-tabletop-manipulation-apps

This list might not be complete.
For the cturtle debian package  release of  October 7th  (r3964) these
packages are not available for Jaunty on ros.org but only for lucid and
karmic.
Installing an older version of the missing packages does not work either
as they  have different dependencies.

Is there any reason why they were not added to the repository? Shall I
use an older version?

Maybe anyone has a quickfix? I tried installing an older package version
with:
"sudo apt-get ros-cturtle-pr2all=1.0.0-34~jaunty" but apt did not find
this version and am not sure why..

Thanks.

Juergen