[ros-users] New RepoHeader macro

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Mon Oct 18 18:54:45 UTC 2010

We have started deploying a new wiki macro: RepoHeader. This macro
displays an index for a particular ROS repository, for example:

<<RepoHeader(alufr-ros-pkg)>>
http://www.ros.org/wiki/alufr-ros-pkg

By default, the macro just lists stacks. If you wish to include
packages as well, you can add in a 'packages' argument

<<RepoHeader(tum-ros-pkg packages)>>
http://www.ros.org/wiki/tum-ros-pkg

This replaces the old search-based macro. The new macro has several advantages:

 * It's is a complete index
 * You don't have to tag your wiki pages
 * It includes source control information, including direct code links
 * It's faster

If you have an existing repository page, we have probably already
upgraded it for you. If you don't have a wiki page for your
repository, you may wish to consider creating one as the macro
provides an easy index for users browsing your repo.

We are gradually overhauling our indexing/documentation backend, so we
hope to bring some more improvements in the near future.

best,
Ken