[ros-users] Frequency difference

Prasad Dixit abhimohpra at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 08:42:21 UTC 2010

Hello experts,

 I would like to know the ideal difference between the frequencies (update
or publish) of various frames.
E.g. In my case,
I have kept 15 HZ (Robot State publisher), 13-14 HZ (I get from odom ---
Motor) and 10 HZ from AMCL nodes. (This worked well for me)
When i increased the frequency of State publisher to 30 then it does not
match the frequencies and time.
Though, this can be set finally by testing in various conditions..i would
like to know if there is any specific thumb rule for it.

Thanks,
Prasad