[ros-users] common stack dependencies on pr2.

Konrad Banachowicz konradb3 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 14:06:53 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I currently run robots in our lab on ROS.
With mobile everything goes fine, but when i started with manipulators.
I found that in ROS is some strange dependencies, in manipulation stacks is
many dependencies on PR2 specyfic packages. For example
pr2_controllers_msgs/JointTrajectoryActionGoal is used by many of the common
stacks. trajectory_msgs is also part of one of PR2 stacks. This kind of
dependencies should be strictly forbiden.

There are some PR2 specyfic packages residing in common stacks, the best
example i think is interpolated_ik_motion_planner which reside in
motion_planners stack. And documentation do not mention about PR2 specyfic
of this package.

Pozdrawiam
Konrad Banachowicz