[ros-users] Best way to start a launch file automatically on startup

Robbie Plankenhorn rplankenhorn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 17:34:22 UTC 2010

I have been trying to get my ROS stack to launch automatically when Ubuntu
starts up and I am having some issues.  I have tried to implement an init
script but I wasn't able to get it to work.  I think it has something to do
with the setup.sh init scripts that are required to be in the .bashrc file
in order to find the stack.

What is the best way to get an ROS stack to start at boot time?  Is this the
correct approach?  If so, then are their any tricks to getting it to work?

Thanks,
Robbie