[ros-users] correct range-image creation

Martin, L kollaps2001 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 29 16:58:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

we ran into a problem when trying to convert a 3D point cloud into a range
image. We tried to convert the following point cloud:

http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/file/n1807863/screenshot-1288370947.png

in order to do that we set:

RangeImage::CoordinateFrame coordinate_frame = RangeImage::LASER_FRAME;

and

  Eigen3::Transform3f sensor_pose_test =
(Eigen3::Transform3f)Eigen3::Translation3f(0.0, 0.0f, 0.0f);

and received the following output:

http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/file/n1807863/Screenshot-1.png

which looks wrong. The tf of our laser is 0.39 -0.0165 1.267 and if we set
those values for the sensor pose we get:

http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/file/n1807863/Screenshot-2.png

which is even more wrong. So basically I think we are not really sure how to
set the sensor_pose.

Many thanks for your help!

Martin