[ros-users] Rviz Perspective Issue

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Mon Oct 4 18:08:22 UTC 2010

Gavin,
The directory /opt/ros is read only except for super users.  You will need
to sudo to edit files there.  However this is highly not recommended! unless
you are sure that you want to be doing this.

rosmake passes because there are ROS_NOBUILD flags installed and it doesn't
try to build the prebuilt binary installed directories.

The problems you are describing does not sound like a problem with the
build.  I don't expect that recompiling will help you in this case.

I would suggest that you try `sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get
dist-upgrade` to make sure you're at the latest version.

And if you are, please send some screen shots to explain more clearly your
problem.

Also if you could determine the version of rviz on the machine which is
working and that which is not.  `cat
/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/visualization/CMakeLists.txt` and look for the
version number.

Tully

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer