[ros-users] log4cxx dependency

Josh Faust jfaust at willowgarage.com
Mon Oct 4 20:02:58 UTC 2010

> I did manage to get them to compile, but I still find the dependency to
> this unmaintained package to be a little problematic. Do you know if there
> is interest if I can supply a patch to use another log library, or has
> log4cxx been chosen for a reason?

Why do you think log4cxx is unmaintained?  It hasn't had a release for a
while, but it's quite stable in our experience.  log4cxx was the best option
when first creating rosconsole ~2 years ago, and I haven't seen any new
software that changes that (boost.log has potential, but is unproven and
won't be available on most of our target platforms for years).

Josh