[ros-users] Ranger (Sonar/IR) message added to sensor_msgs?

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 04:15:46 UTC 2010

Everyone,

Thanks for the input and validating that I'm not the only person that would
like to see a message like this in ROS :).

I have put together an API review page here
http://www.ros.org/wiki/sensor_msgs/Reviews/2010-10-04_Ranger_Proposal_API_Review
.
This will cover the addition of a Ranger message to the sensor_msgs package.

If you have an interest in seeing a standardized Ranger message that can
support sonars and IR sensors included in ROS, I encourage you to
participate in this review. Please look over the proposed message and put
any comments in the "Question / concerns / comments" section in preparation
for the review meeting. I've scheduled review meeting via IRC chat for
Monday, Oct 11 at 4:15PM Eastern Time (1:15PM Pacific Time). This will be
held on #meeting.ros.org on freenode.net. If you do not have an IRC client,
http://webchat.freenode.net/ looks to be a decent web-based IRC client for
freenode.net.

- Eric