[ros-users] Ranger (Sonar/IR) message added to sensor_msgs?

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 04:36:24 UTC 2010

David,

We actually spent some time porting the marker available in nxt_rvz_plugin
when doing some of the work with breaking sonars out in Stage over the
weekend. Once there is a standardized message available in sensor_msgs, I
expect it will be quite straightforward to use the code in nxt_rviz_plugin
to add a plugin for the new message.

As for your comments regarding the spread angle, I suggest you take a look
at the proposed message on the review page - I expect the field_of_view
field is exactly what you are looking for. If you have any other comments, I
suggest adding them to that wiki page so that we can better record the
discussion.

- Eric