[ros-users] Single Laser dependency

Prasad Dixit abhimohpra at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 16:57:39 UTC 2010

Thank you all for those quick responses.

1. I can receive encoder information through odometry messages. My worry is
now related to the range i have with URG-04. Is there any work around by
which i can overcome the issues of large area?
2. I will surely look into the package of laser tools though... but it is
intended to be used without any odometry and in our system we can have
encoder information.
3. Ivan: which model of angular rate sensor (Gyro) you are preferring?
So like, as suggested by you Gyro + Laser Range + odometry will quite
improve our Robot localization even i dont have IMU sensor.

- Prasad