[ros-users] custom stereo cams

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 13:36:51 UTC 2010

Jeff,

You should take a look at http://www.ros.org/wiki/uvc_stereo . You should
also be able to use two individual camera driver nodes (uvc_cam is the one
I've used for monocular vision) as long as they output the topics required
by stereo_image_proc (which is basically an image and camera_info for each).
One thing to watch for is that, while you may not really care about the
timestamps being correct, stereo_image_proc will likely require both images
and camera_infos to have very close, if not the same, timestamps.

Hope that helps.

- Eric