[ros-users] Non-simple action server?

Vijay Pradeep vpradeep at willowgarage.com
Mon Oct 11 20:36:36 UTC 2010

Hi Tommy,

You are indeed correct in your understanding for the PREEMPTING->ABORTED and
PREEMPTING->SUCCEEDED transitions.  Even when a cancel request is received
from an ActionClient, it is possible for the user-code on the ActionServer
side to Succeed or Abort on the goal before ever noticing the cancel
request.

Vijay

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Tommy Persson <tommy.persson at liu.se>wrote:

> On 10/11/2010 07:33 PM, Vijay Pradeep wrote:
> > Hi Tommy,
> >
> > The ActionServer is in fact a good choice for what you're trying to do.
> > However, I don't believe we have any tutorials that show its usage.  You
> > can find a [hopefully not too complex] example here:
> >
> https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/stacks/pr2_common_actions/trunk/pr2_tilt_laser_interface/src/snapshotter_action.cpp
>
> Thanks, I did manage to find this code with google and it solved my
> problems. The things it helped with was how to define GoalHandle and the
> use of boost::bind in the callback register functions.
>
> A question about actionlib. When do you go to ABORTED from PREEMPTING?
> Is it when you get a cancel request but before you have handled it the
> execution of the action is aborted? And the same for going to SUCCEEDED
> from PREEMPTING?
>
> /Tommy

Vijay Pradeep
Systems Engineer