[ros-users] Dynamic Deployment and Control of Nodes

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 12:54:56 UTC 2010

I am currently beginning development on a "rostoolbox" initially for my own
use, but with some loftier end goals.  Currently my goal will be to
implement existing functionality from command line arguments that ros
provides, including roslaunch, rosrun, and rosparam, into a GUI.  I hope to
have an interactive view similar to rxgraph's output which could allow for
dragging to rename topics, interactively adjusting static and dynamic
parameters, and adding/removing nodes.  Then finally when your done crafting
your setup you can save out as a launch file.  Like I said, initially I want
this to just be able to list, create, compile, and install dep's of stacks
and packages from a GUI, but the sky is really the limit after that as to
how interactive the system could be.  I would also like to see this
eventually ported to the roswin32, because for my peers that use Windows
having a tool like this will almost be required for them to start using ROS
on Windows.  If you want to do some joint development maybe we could discuss
this more.

Thanks,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering