[ros-users] costmap_2d::Costmap2DROS map topic parameter (ticket 4497)

Andreas Tropschug tropschu at in.tum.de
Thu Oct 14 16:09:01 UTC 2010

  Am 14.10.2010 17:33, schrieb Eitan Marder-Eppstein:
> Trac is indeed the right place for patches. I've responded to your
> ticket there, along with a description of how we remap topics.

Thx Eitan,
I also replied on trac.

In short: Two instances of Costmap2DROS running on the same Node cannot
use two different
maps (or can they?).
2 global NodeHandles subscribing to "map" seem impossible to separate to me.

(Shall I, as a measly little user dare to defiantly reopen a Ticket??
Well, I feel safer asking here... don't want to be visited by a PR2 running
ros_pr2_kitchen_meat_tenderizer_node...)

Best regards,
Andreas T.