[ros-users] Navigation Goal

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Thu Oct 14 18:22:41 UTC 2010

Safdar,

Those control loop times are really high and imply that the computer you're
running things on is under heavy load. One option for reducing the load of
the navigation stack is to decrease the resolution of the costmap, see the
"resolution" parameter described here:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/costmap_2d#Map_management_parameters.

Another option is to reduce the frequency at which you're controlling your
base. See the controller_frequency parameter described here:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/move_base#Parameters

If you are running other processes on the robot that are computationally
intensive, that may also affect the performance of navigation.

<http://www.ros.org/wiki/move_base#Parameters>One other thing is that you
still should have received a message from move base saying whether it thinks
the goal was achieved or not. Can you do a rostopic echo move_base/status
when the robot stops moving? That should tell us what state move_base thinks
it is in.

Hope this helps,

Eitan