[ros-users] <color> attribute in world files

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 01:43:00 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 4:27 PM, John Hsu <johnhsu at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> <color> element is used by rviz only.   gazebo ignores the <color> tag.  For
> pretty colors in simulation  you have to use Gazebo materials.

How does rviz use color?  When I've spawned objects in simulation,
they don't show up in the main rviz window, although I can see them in
a camera window.  Is there some way to make spawned objects (or even
world objects) show up in the main rviz window?  It is possible that
I'm not seeing them due to an artifact of my setup -- I run most often
in a VMWare box on my MacBook, and I have noticed a few peculiarities
in this setup, but it kinda works most of the time.

--wpd