[ros-users] Dynamic Deployment and Control of Nodes

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 04:10:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Morten Kjærgaard
<Morten.Kjargaard at prevas.dk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am planning on creating a graphical tool to give mode dynamic control of what nodes are started and the names of the topics they subscribe to.
> This will probably require some changes in the core of my ROS system, but it seems to be possible.
>
> The motive is to improve the deployment- and parameter management when creating a new robot system based on existing ROS packages. And make it possible to relate this to a robot model. Instead of only having to rely on static hardcoded launch files.
>
> I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with a similar approach or are otherwise interested in a management tool like this.

Hi Morten,

I'm working on a visualization tool in order to control/script large
multi-robot systems with a help of a domain-specific language.
If i could connect my tool to ROS nodes, i'm definitively interested ;-)

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk