[ros-users] common_msgs API change proposals required to be reviewed by October 22nd

Andreas Tropschug tropschu at in.tum.de
Fri Oct 15 11:57:24 UTC 2010

  As I see it (which is based on, well... only me)

This inconvenience is related to geometry_msgs being
"message" types. Messages are often autogenerated types.
They are not meant to do math with, they are a serialization wrapper.

I am guessing one should convert to tf (bullet) types with the
tf::<type>MsgToTf() family of functions as soon as they are not
messages anymore, but mathematical entities.
Then all the consistencies (Poses being only typedefs of transforms for
instance) and
math operator goodies are all there.

Best regards,
Andreas T.