[ros-users] [Ros-developers] REP: CameraInfo updates for Diamondback

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Mon Oct 18 16:18:02 UTC 2010

Hi Patrick,

This looks good to me, except one detail:

Since the ROI is given in binned coordinates, we won't be able to deal
with bins that start at coordinates that aren't a multiple of of the
binning factor. Is there a compelling reason why the ROI should be
given in binned coordinates rather than in unbinned coordinates?

I also wanted to comment on the scaling while rectifying case that you
decided to reject. I think that people who want to do this still can
by rectifying to a different name space, and publishing a new
camera_info. In fact, I sometimes wonder whether it would make sense
to always publish a new camera_info after changing an image, rather
than relying on this structure that contains a mix of pre- and
post-rectification data. But since I'm not a consumer of this data, I
don't really have a compelling argument to make.

Cheers,
Blaise