[ros-users] first FreeBSD package available

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Fri Oct 22 20:02:58 UTC 2010

Hi Rene,
This is great.  Have you seen this page summarizing our new release
infrastructure.  http://www.ros.org/wiki/release/Architecture

I think that building the FreeBSD ports might be able to leverage some of
the results of stage 1 in particular the tarball result.  Our pipeline is
not well documented but it's available at
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ros_release if you want to take a look. If the stage
1 results could generate the freebsd metadata file it would likely ease your
work.

Tully

PS Be aware that there may still be a few stacks which break if you strip
the build directory.  We're planning to switch it off in unstable shortly,
and will probably be ahead of you. But I did want to make you aware that
there are still a few packages which are incompatible.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 4:41 AM, Rene Ladan <rene at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The first FreeBSD package for ROS is now available, providing the
> equivalent of ros-cturtle-ros on Ubuntu (but without the build
> directories). The cleaned up instructions are available at the wiki:
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/cturtle/Installation/FreeBSD
>
> Thanks go to the ROS developers for applying all the patches I sent to
> them.
>
> I will probably add more ROS packages in the future, starting with the
> tutorials and the Lego NXT stacks (the latter because that's the only
> robot I have myself, apart from some webcams).
>
> Regards,
> Rene
> --
> http://www.rene-ladan.nl/