[ros-users] common stack dependencies on pr2.

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Sat Oct 23 19:27:36 UTC 2010

Hi Konrad,

While I'm sure the developers of the motion_planners stack will take
steps to remove PR2 dependencies, I thought I should point to our
stack version policy, which may clarify things:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/StackVersionPolicy

motion_planners is 0.2.4, which is described as
"research/experimental... some review has occurred, and we are
migrating this stack to more stable APIs". It will not be stabilized
for Diamondback, but you may be interested in this ticket about
trajectory_msgs:

https://code.ros.org/trac/wg-ros-pkg/ticket/4675

Also, motion_planners is distributed in the 'pr2all' variant of ROS
which is described as "ROS plus PR2 and bleeding edge
research/experimental stacks." Only stacks in the stable 'base'
variant are expected to be robot generic.

 - Ken