[ros-users] AMCL bug?

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 12:50:20 UTC 2010

Dominik,

A few questions to help debugging get started:

   1. Can you post your AMCL launch file with parameter values that produces
   the problem?
   2. If you have narrowed things down to just one or two parameters, can
   you post both working and failing versions that differ only in the parameter
   that leads to a problem?
   3. Can you reproduce the crash in Stage or does it only happen with the
   real robot?
   4. You mention AMCL stops showing up in tf_monitor. Does it also stop
   outputting on it's output topics such as amcl_pose or particlecloud? You can
   check those with 'rostopic echo <topic>'.
   5. Do you get any error output in the console where you started AMCL?
   Anything in the log file for AMCL?

I'm definitely interested to see what parameters you are using - I had some
similar sounding problems a few months ago while playing with the resampling
parameters but didn't really spend much time looking into it.

- Eric