[ros-users] Questions about VSLAM

Anh Nguyen nguyenminhanh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 18:21:59 UTC 2010

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the helpful answers. Look like cheap stereo vision is not an easy
option, especially with my limited hardware skill.

Can you extrapolate a bit more on augmenting VSLAM with odometry or IMUs. I
have the odometry reading for my robot. How do I configure VSLAM to work
with one camera and combine odometry / IMU with VSLAM (what would be a
simple algorithm for that)?

>From what I read, I also assume that IMU would work indoor, is that correct?

Also, if I go with stereo camera,is there any requirement regarding the
baseline, resolution, frame rate... for making it work with existing VSLAM
stack?

Best,

-M.A