[ros-users] cvCreateVideoWriter always fails in ROS

brentus brent.longstaff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 17:48:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

When I try to create a video writing object, the function always returns 0,
meaning it failed. My call looks like this:

CvVideoWriter* writer = cvCreateVideoWriter("/homes/brentus/video/test.avi",
CV_FOURCC('M', 'J', 'P', 'G'), 30, cvSize(640, 480), 1);

When just using OpenCV with a standalone c++ program, this call works fine.
But using ROS, it does not. However, all the other ROS functions I have
tried do work in ROS. This is the only one that has not worked for me.

This is all in Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit. Does anyone know how to make
cvCreateVideoWriter work?

Thanks!