[ros-users] Different maps for navigation and path planning

Christian Verbeek verbeek at servicerobotics.eu
Mon Sep 6 12:57:18 UTC 2010

 Is it possible to have a map used by the path planner that differs from
the map that is used by gmapping for localization? The idea is to mark
certain areas as forbidden so that the robot never drives through these
areas.

My understanding right now is that if I mark a cell as occupied this
information would also be used by gmapping. If I mark to many cells
manually this would lower the localization performance.

Regards
Christian