[ros-users] Multiple robots in rviz

Gonçalo Cabrita goncabrita at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 16:48:28 UTC 2010

Hi everyone!

I'm working with multiple robots and I'm using the wifi_comm node we
developed here at the University to communicate between robots and with a
laptop running rviz.

Each robot is sending the following topics to the laptop running rviz...

/move_base/local_costmap/robot_footprint
/move_base/local_costmap/obstacles
/move_base/local_costmap/inflated_obstacles
/move_base/NavfnROS/plan

The idea is to be able to see the whereabouts of each robot on the map,
however what we are trying to do is not possible because of tf since rviz
will not be able to access the tf frames in the headers of the msgs being
shared. Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Gonçalo Cabrita
ISR - University of Coimbra