[ros-users] actionlib tutorials

Axelrod, Benjamin baxelrod at irobot.com
Fri Sep 10 17:37:01 UTC 2010

I am a little disappointed in the actionlib tutorials (for boxturtle).
They all seem to demonstrate the same pattern, where the client blocks
while the server is running.  Does anyone have any examples where the
client actually subscribes to the Done, Active, and Feedback messages?
Ideally, the client would not simply call: client.waitForResult(), but
instead use the full:

sendGoal  (  const Goal &   goal,

            SimpleDoneCallback  done_cb,

            SimpleActiveCallback  active_cb,

            SimpleFeedbackCallback  feedback_cb

)

I can't figure out the proper function signature for the Done, Active,
and Feedback callbacks.

Thanks,

-Ben

--