[ros-users] People stack state

Miguel Prada Sarasola miguel.prada.sarasola at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 09:49:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to implement people detection and tracking for a mobile robot. I checked the 'people' stack, but the only algorithm that seems to be implemented is the cascade classifier for face detection in 'face_detector' package.

I remember having seen videos of the PR2 following people around the office at Willow, and I wonder if any of the code used there is available in any other stack or package, since it would be very useful to get something up and running quickly.

Also, is there any roadmap for further development in 'people' stack? Laser based leg detection? Hand detection?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Miguel.