[ros-users] Playback of bag files recorded with the split option

Markus Achtelik markus.achtelik at mavt.ethz.ch
Mon Sep 13 13:35:49 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I recorded some data with rosbag record and the split option. Playing
back or rosbag info works perfectly for the first file that was
recorded. The remaining files give me the error:

ERROR bag unindexed: secondfile.bag.  Run rosbag reindex.

After reindexing these files, rosbag info just gives me something like
this, instead of listing the topics etc:

path:    secondfile.bag
version: 2.0
size:    200.1 MB

How can I play back these files? From what I can tell from the size of
the first bagfile (mostly images) and number of messages, information
from rosbag info firstfile.bag just corresponds to this firstfile.bag.

I guess I just didn't get something really simple ...

Thanks for the help!

Best, Markus

PS: firstfile.bag and secondfile.bag are just examples, I kept the
original filenames given by rosbag record