[ros-users] [Pr2-users] tilt_scan stops sending data requires robot to be power cycled

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Thu Sep 16 16:43:29 UTC 2010

I don't have a good feel for what the maximum safe range in intensity
mode is, as it is a pretty rare occurrence. Currently the safe limits
are mainly based on when the data starts to go bad (mixing of scan
lines). Could you try to lower your scan range and see if you get
better stability?

Given that laser crashes seem to be rare, auto-resetting might be a
better option than limiting the range more.