[ros-users] A published image does not appear.

Yucong Lin ylin122 at asu.edu
Mon Sep 20 03:22:08 UTC 2010

Hello,
 I tried to write a small package to subscribe to stereo images of
bumblebee2 and publish them with my own name.
   The source code of my source file,  (which uses stereo_image_proc)  is
attached.

I ran this package like this from the prompt:

shell$ roslaunch bumblebee2 Bumblebee2.launch

shell$ ROS_NAMESPACE=bumblebee2 rosrun stereo_image_proc stereo_image_proc

shell$ rosrun trial1 trial1

(from 'rostopic list -v' i can see the topic "/Yucong/left/image_rect" is
published).

However, after using ' rosrun image_view image_view
image:=/Yucong/left/image_rect '

I see only a window without an image in it.

How can I see the image? Any help would be appreciated, especially since I
am pretty new to the ROS environment.

Thanks,

--
Yucong Lin