[ros-users] Overlapping of map using slam_gmapping

laura galindez laurago894 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 04:00:41 UTC 2010

Hi!

I have been trying to create a map from Sick lms200 laser scans using
slam_gmapping node. However the laser scans overlap and I end up with an
illegible map. My launch file looks like the following:

<launch>
  <master auto="start"/>
  <!-- Static transform for base of scanner to robot base -->
  <node pkg="tf" type="static_transform_publisher" name="tf_static"
args="0.1 0 0.2 0 0 0 base_link base_scan 20" />

  <!-- Sicktoolbox_wrapper node -->
  <node name="SickWrapper_client" pkg="sscrovers_laser_pub" type="sicklms2"
/>

  <!-- Modified version of ROSARIA client with a safe exit on interruption
-->
  <node name="ROSARIA_client" pkg="ROSARIA" type="RosAria"/>

  <!-- Teleoperation program for RosAria node-->
  <node name="teleop" pkg="ROSARIA" type="teleop"/>

  <node name="Gmapping" pkg="gmapping" type="slam_gmapping"
args="scan:=base_scan"/>
  <param name="map_update_interval" value="1" />

</launch>

I am guessing the problem has to do either with the odometry or with the
gmapping node. Here is a picture of the map I created:
http://yfrog.com/5ywhdp

And here is the bag file of the logged data:
http://www.mediafire.com/?uw4jm8ffm67tbc2.

I also wanted to mention that gmapping sometimes generates warnings
concerning the cache time and TF_OLD_DATA. I am not sure if these warnings
are in direct relation with my problem.

Thank you for your help.

Regards!

Laura