[ros-users] transforms composing

Ugo Cupcic ugo at shadowrobot.com
Tue Sep 21 14:08:07 UTC 2010

 Hey,

I'm trying to implement some reverse kinematics on a custom arm, in
order to move the arm using a 3D mouse.

I want to compose 2 transforms: my 3D mouse is publishing tf transforms,
and I have the tf published by the robot_state_publisher for my arm. I
just want to get the resulting transform: move from the current position
to the current position to the new position (current position +
transform from the mouse).

I was using this but I think it doesn't do what I want.
        tf_listener.lookupTransform("/threedmouse",
"/sr_arm/position/shadowarm_handsupport", ros::Time(0), transform);

Sorry if it's a trivial question :S

Cheers,

Ugo

Ugo Cupcic         |  Shadow Robot Company | ugo at shadowrobot.com
Software Engineer  |    251 Liverpool Road |
need a Hand?       |    London  N1 1LX     | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/              @shadowrobot