[ros-users] gazebo: robot model dances

Ricarda Steffens steffens at informatik.uni-bonn.de
Wed Sep 29 09:51:34 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,
after fixing problems such as "robot falling from sky", "robot explodes"
and "robot explodes with help of a timed detonator" I now have the problem
that my robot model "dances".
The model spawns as it should be but then has a major tremor and falls on
the floor still twitching.
I multiplied the inertia matrix of the wheels by 100 which seems to solve
the problem surprisingly. At least until I add the robot's arms.
Then the arms and some other connected links, which were not twitching
beforehand, have a small but noticable tremor. The tremor decreases but
does not vanish when changing the mass value of the upper arm from 3.0 to
0.1.
I did some trial-and-error stuff with the upper arm but could not find or
fix the problem.

So does anyone have an idea of how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Ricarda