[ros-users] Pioneer2DX does not move with p2os

von Wichert, Georg Georg.Wichert at siemens.com
Wed Sep 29 10:48:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

We are currently trying to control a P2DX using the p2os stack. The p2os node does successfully establish contact the the robot, it is for examlple possibel to activate an deactivate the wheel motors using the p2os_dashboard of to activate the ultrasonic sensors using the using the use-sonar parameter.

The only thing that does not work ist to actually drive. If we send a twist message with linarar.x=0.2 and angular.z = 0.0 and all other fields set to zero as well, nothing happens. We tried to release the drives using the dash-board and/or the white button, but without any effect.

Does anyone have a hint?

Thanks in advance,

Georg Wichert

---

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
Corporate Research and Technologies
CT T DE IT3
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 München, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 (89) 636-52819
Fax: +49 (89) 636-41423

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Cromme; Vorstand: Peter Löscher, Vorsitzender; Wolfgang Dehen, Brigitte Ederer, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Barbara Kux, Hermann Requardt, Siegfried Russwurm, Peter Y. Solmssen; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München, Deutschland; Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322