[ros-users] Can't reconnect to SICK laser after killing node

Dan Lazewatsky dlaz at cse.wustl.edu
Wed Sep 29 17:59:54 UTC 2010

I have a SICK LMS200 which I'm connecting using a serial->USB converter.
After I plug it in, I can start up the node and get scan data with no
problem. However, if I kill the node then try to restart it, it can't
communicate with the SICK. The only ways I've found to fix this is
unplugging and replugging the USB adaptor or rebooting the computer - both
far from optimal. Does anyone know what might be going on, or what I can do
to fix this?

Thanks,
-Dan