[ros-users] Nav Stack with nonholonomic robots

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Thu Sep 2 06:05:56 UTC 2010

Steven,

The default parameters for the base_local_planner allow for a fair amount of
freedom when tracking a global path. To try to get the local planner to
follow your global plan more closely... I'd take a look at the following
parameters:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/base_local_planner#Trajectory_Scoring_Parameters. In
particular, you can probably up the path_distance_bias a bit. Hopefully,
playing around will get you where you want to be. If not, let us know the
issues.

I know some other people have run navigation on the creates, but I don't
have much experience on that platform so I'll let them chime in on their
experiences.

Hope all is well,

Eitan

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM, Steven Martin <s34.martin at connect.qut.edu.au