[ros-users] Bag file recording / playback asynchronous in RViz

Armin Hornung HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Sep 2 09:13:24 UTC 2010

Hi!

Looking at this problem further, there were still some glitches in tf
data. My humanoid's torso was occasionally moving in RViz (by an odom
transform) without the other joints following up in sync, although this
was not near as bad as the laser data. This was because the tf messages
were not corrected as they are stored in an array, each with their own
header. I added a line to the script at
http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosbag/Cookbook which also fixes this problem
(hardcoded for the "/tf" topic).

On 09/01/2010 06:46 PM, Joel Cartwright wrote:
> The bunching up of messages you are experiencing sounds like it could be
> TCP-buffer related, and is probably expected with TCP over wifi. If
> you're happy to live with lossy message transfer, you might see a
> reduction/elimination of bunching by using the UDP transport at the
> subscribers instead. [...]
Sounds like an interesting solution, in particular for images streams.
But I have to investigate that further first, at the moment I would
rather not lose any messages.

Cheers,
Armin

--
Armin Hornung                              Albert-Ludwigs-Universität
www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~hornunga   Dept. of Computer Science