[ros-users] Nav Stack with nonholonomic robots

Michael Ferguson mfergs7 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 11:26:16 UTC 2010

What I've found can make a big difference in the Create is dropping the rate
of the local planner. Reducing controller_frequency to something in the
range of 5-10hz (instead of the default 20) made a huge difference in how
well the Create followed the path (even using the default acceleration
limits).

This is especially true if you aren't carrying around much computing power
(most of the time, it's a netbook or two on top of our lab's Creates), but
even seems to be applicable when you have plenty of cycles to burn.

-Mike